Thursday, November 13, 2008

Reaching out for stars!


Just in a flash of a second I saw myself sitting on a bench in a park.  My girl sitting next to me. My hand on her shoulder and her head on mine. Both quite, no words coming out. Looking upto stars in the sky constantly.
I ask my girl, 
"Do you see the stars?"
"yes"
"Do you see yourself among them?"
"mmmmm, yes"
"Where?"
"Aah! that big one." Pointing to one apparantly biggest and brightest star we could see that night up in the sky.

I am again silent. 
And then she asks, "Which one is you?"
I said, " I am no star."
"Oh Come on, pick one for yourself!"
I said, " I am no star, I am just a man."
"A man who can just sit far away and praise the beauty of the stars. A man who can just dream of reaching out for star. But he knows he can never. Even if he tries he will get burnt if he gets close to any star. He just can't. I just can't"
Quite for a second.
"I am that man and you are that star"

Girl is mum. No words at all. She just picks her head up from my shoulder and see the tears solling down my eyes.
I just looked at her for a while. I took her face in both of my hands and bringing her face close to mine. I kiss her forehead.  That was one deep kiss.
I stand up. Looked at the sky. Pointing to the star the girl chose I again looked at her.
and after a while.
I walk away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search for related items on web